San Bernardino Employment Law Attorneys, Providing Whistleblower Protection
Did you know that California’s Whistleblower Law (“California Whistleblower Protection Act”). protects you from retaliation in the workplace? A Whistleblower is a person who informs on a person or organization engaged in an illicit activity. It is usually an employee telling on their employers. A Whistleblower can face harsh retaliation for coming forward. Whistleblowers are entitled to protection from retaliation, if they reasonably believe that the employer committed an illegal act.
Some states have explicit statutory protections for Whistleblowers. California is one of those states, with the “California Whistleblower Protection Act“. California’s Whistleblower Law protects any person from retaliation by their employer (private or public). This protection also extends to individuals employed by the State of California. Often, employees are afraid to report misconduct that has occurred at work, because they fear it will harm their chances for a promotion, or they will lose their job.
Illegal Activities In The Workplace That May Warrant Reporting
Our skilled Whistleblower Attorneys are experienced with handling numerous types of Whistleblower cases–both in private and in public employment settings, including:
- Improper Overtime
- Waste, Fraud and Abuse by Government Contractors; if you work for a company that provides goods or services to the US Government (Military), and you have knowledge that your employer is not living up to the obligations of their contract, we can help protect your legal rights, when you blow the whistle.
- Misuse of State Property by State Employees
- Conflicts of Interest
- Improper Expense Reimbursements
- SEC and Financial Fraud
- False Time and Attendance Reporting by State Employees
- Sales Tax Fraud; if you work in the retail business, where sales tax is collected, and you have knowledge of sales tax fraud, you can be instrumental in helping your local City, and the State of California, recover the stolen tax money–often times earning a whistleblower award for helping to bring the fraud to an end.
- Medicare and Medicaid Fraud; if you work in the healthcare industry, and you believe that your employer is defrauding Medicare or Medicaid, our experienced San Bernardino Employment Law Attorneys can help you come forward, and protect your legal rights.
Possible Monetary And Other Rewards Provided By Law For A Whistleblower
Under California Labor Code Section 1102.5, if an employer retaliates against a whistleblower, the employer may be required to (1) reinstate the employee’s employment and work benefits; (2) pay lost wages; and (3) take other steps necessary to comply with the law. Each case is different. You need to speak with someone who knows the law, and has experience dealing with Whistleblower case. Let one of our skilled Employment Law Attorneys answer your questions.
Talk To An Experienced And Trusted Southern California Employment Law Attorney
At the Inland Empire office of SANFORD A. KASSEL, A Professional Law Corporation, we fight to protect employees’ rights. If you have been the subject of retaliation by an employer, contact us IMMEDIATELY. We can give you an honest assessment of your particular situation, and advise you of the next best course of action. If you are contemplating whether or not to report unethical or illegal misconduct in the workplace, contact us BEFORE you take action. We can advise you of your legal rights, and how best to handle the situation.
Call 909.884.6451, to schedule your FREE consultation with one of our knowledgable Whistleblower Protection Lawyers.